How We Work Download Roof Wash Brochure
Up Front Quotation
You are provided with a written quotation and warranty statement
before any work is done.
The Treatment Process
Bio-Shield® is applied to your roof by a gentle, low-pressure spray. It kills moss, fungal and lichen growth within 1 hour. As the dead moss,fungal and lichen growths break down, natural weathering, wind and rain take over and clean the roof.
The length of time taken for weathering to remove the dead growths and clean the roof will vary from 3 months and up to 12 months.
Factors that will affect the cleaning time are:
The ﬁnal appearance will of course depend on the age and condition of the roof.
- The age and condition of the roof.
- The type of substrate, concrete roofs will clean up faster than Coloursteel roofs.
- The level of growths present on the surface, thick, heavy and well established growths will take longer to weather away once treated with Bio-Shield
- The time since the roofs last cleaning treatment, light re-growths on regularly treated roofs will be removed in as little as 3 months.
Bio-Shield® is bio-degradable, non-corrosive, non-acidic, not a bleach and will not harm your roof in any way.
Safety and care
Bio-Shield® is safe to use, containing a unique combination of biodegradable surfactants for removal of moss, mould and lichen. The active ingredient in Bio-Shield® have been in continuous safe use in the food and brewing industries as a surface steriliser since 1960 and are also used as leave on skin antiseptic and preservatives in some topical medicines.
Bio-Shield® will not kill plants so can be used safely on roofs with gardens nearby,
Bio-Shield Maintenance Treatments
Bio-Shield® will keep most roofs clean for 2 to 3 years depending on the environment and micro-climate around the roof.
Lighter roof colours will tend to show up even low levels of growth, particularly green algal growth after winter, while the darker colours will hide the regrowth.
Roof Wash recommend that Bio-Shield® is applied to the roof just as the moss, fungal and lichen growths are re-establishing on the roof at around 2 to 3 years.
Regular treatment will;
- Protect the factory finish on your roof from damage.
- Remove low levels of moss, fungal and lichen growth very quickly.
- Cost less than the initial Bio-Shield® cleaning treatment
- Maintain your roof in good condition in the most cost effective way.
Bio-Shield® is safe for use on roofs that collect water in a storage tank for later use, however the water tank will need to be disconnected from the roof for 2 to 4 weeks and a day of rainfall to flush the roof and pipe collection system.
We can fit a diverter to the tank inlet pipe if required to make disconnecting and reconnecting the tank a simple 20 second job.
Colorsteel Tile Roof with Bio-Shield® applied to kill the lichen and fungal growths.
Coloursteel Tile Roof with lichen and black fungal growth damaging the surface.
Coloursteel Roof 12 Months after Treatment with Bio-Shield® - free of lichen and fungal growths.
Just a quick message to say thanks for the fab job on my roof, lichen is starting to disappear!
I have also passed your details on to a friend.